Please see below for examples of copywriting and content creation work carried out in the public, private and third sectors and across a range of topics and organisations.
I worked with Scotland-based charity KidsOR in 2021 to produce content for their website and social media. Some examples include:
I worked for a period of 10 weeks with Festivals Edinburgh in summer 2018, producing content for the news section of their website and for Marketing Edinburgh. Some examples include:
- 17 reasons to visit Edinburgh’s festivals (listicle)
- The uniquely Scottish charm of Edinburgh’s festivals (long-form)
- Late nights at the Book Festival with Unbound (news item)
- 10 Jazz Festival debuts you won’t want to miss (round-up)
Between 2016-2018 I worked in a part-time communications and development role at Alzheimer Scotland alongside freelancing. I was responsible for managing the website and social media presence of the Scottish Dementia Working Group as well as producing pieces of content both independently and in collaboration with people with dementia.
- How to get involved resource for people with dementia
- Scottish Dementia Working Group Annual Report 2016/17
- Regular monthly newsletters (example from September 2017)
- Regular blogposts (example: The Scottish Dementia Working Group in 2018)
- Regular blogposts produced in collaboration with people with dementia (example: Geoff Orry – My diagnosis experience)
- An introduction to the SDWG (video clip)
- Highlights from the Scottish Dementia Working Group AGM (video clip)
Edinburgh University Students’ Association